Due to essential maintenance, this website will be unavailable on 10/07/20, 7.00pm – 11.00pm. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Built by the de Barry family in the 13th century, Barry Castle was a fortified manor house built on the site of an earlier Norman structure. The Castle was in ruins by 1530 but the Gatehouse was used for Manorial Courts up until 1720. Today only part of the Gatehouse and South Range survive.
The building is CADW listed.