A ruined medieval fortified manor house dating back to 1300.
The medieval section of the house dates back to 1300 with extensive rebuilding taking place in the 16th century. It has a a brilliantly carved Renaissance porch modified during the Tudor period. The ground floor is not open to the public, but the first floor can be reached up some steep stairs to the left of the present entrance or through a Tudor door into the north-east block from the east wall-walk.
The Castle is a CADW property.
Open on certain dates.