We want you and your dog to have a safe and happy walk so please follow the Countryside Dog Walking Code
1. Keep your dog on a lead around livestock, near cliff edges and where signage requires it.
2. Prevent your dog from approaching horse riders, cyclists or other people and their dogs uninvited.
3. Keep your dog on the paths or public right of way.
4. Never let your dog worry or chase wildlife or livestock.
5. Do not let yourself get between a cow and her calf.
If you have a dog with you, the most important thing for your safety and the dog’s safety is to let go of the lead.
The dog will be able to run quickly to safety.
6. Please make sure your dog’s worming programme is up to date. This will keep our crops, livestock and children safe.
7. Always pick up your dog’s waste and put it in any bin.