Christmas Fayre at St Donat's Castle
Our Christmas Fayre, enjoyed by all, returns after 2-years to St Donat’s Castle in the Vale of Glamorgan (near Cardiff and Bridgend).
A unique event in a unique location heralds the start of the festive season. Join us at our popular Christmas Fayre that takes place on the grounds of St Donat’s Castle, with over 60 stalls spread across the grand ground-floor castle rooms, St Donats Arts Centre and exterior gardens.
This popular, family-friendly, annual event showcases a creative mix of handmade designer crafts and street food exhibitors; the perfect opportunity to get into the Christmas swing of things and pick up some great gifts.
With a variety of stalls to browse, from the much loved local traders that return year after year, as well as a number of first-time exhibitors, you’re sure to find that extra special Christmas present – or indulge in a little something for yourself!
Younger visitors can enjoy face painting and Christmas crafts too!
If you need to take a short break from shopping, refuel at one of our street food traders or head to the Arts Centre where you will find further indoor food stalls, a cafe selling refreshments and seating with views overlooking the channel. Whilst you are there, watch our live music performances, including music by ‘Finding Fiona’ in the adjoining Tythe Barn.
So, for a fantastic festive family day out, wrap up warm and head to St Donat’s Castle on Sunday 4th December, 10am to 4pm.
Some things to consider:
- Parking is on a grass field so please wear appropriate footwear. Part of this event is also outdoors and there are cobbled areas around the castle
- Dogs are not permitted inside any buildings. Dogs are allowed in the exterior gardens but must remain on the lead at all times and dog waste must be picked up and disposed of appropriately
- If you are bringing a little one, we recommend a baby carrier over a pram or buggy as this is a popular event with large crowds expected. By nature, castle corridors can also be narrow
- Pre-booking is required
- You are not permitted to enter any buildings or rooms not part of the Christmas fayre
- We do not have any cash back facilities. Please ensure you bring cash. Most stalls accept card payments. The nearest ATM is in Llantwit Major