Vale of Glamorgan Walking Festival
Known as the "Friendly Festival" this annual 6-day event is set in the coastal and pastoral landscapes of the Vale of Glamorgan with its historic towns and villages, at the most southerly tip of Wales.
Enjoy one or more of 30 varied walks of 2 to 14 miles led by 16 experienced walk leaders from local walking organisations.
Join our regular Valeways’ strollers for an easy walk around Cosmeston Park, Llantwit Major or Barry (free). A short or long hike, or a themed walk, including:
• Local history of the Romilly family of Barry led by a Vale Tourism Ambassador on Friday morning.
• Discover the geology of the Penarth coastline with a local academic geologist on Thursday.
• Some relaxation with an evening’s mindfulness walk around Wenvoe’s orchid field and Tudor orchard on Wednesday.
• Try some Nordic walking in Llantwit Major on Thursday afternoon.
• A dog-friendly walk and probably a paddle at Aberthaw Nature Reserve on Saturday afternoon.
• Discover some of Valeways’ published routes with experienced leaders on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and Sunday afternoon.
Visit our website for more details and bookings.
A small charge of £3 is made for each adult (booking fees apply) children under 16 with a fee-paying, responsible adult are free.
No unaccompanied children.
Strollers are free.