Wales has moved into Alert Level 2.
The following measures apply at alert level 2:
From 26th December 2021:
- up to 50 outdoor and 30 indoor spectators can attend community sports events
- 2 metre social distancing will be required in offices and all public premises
- a maximum of 6 people can meet in public premises
- licenced premises will need to take additional reasonable measures to protect customers and staff
- a maximum of 30 people can attend indoor events and a maximum of 50 people at outdoor events
- people attending weddings or civil partnership receptions or wakes should take a lateral flow test before attending
- nightclubs will close
From 31 December 2021:
- if you have tested positive for COVID-19, you can leave self-isolation after 7 full days
This document is an easy read version of alert level 2 rules from the Welsh Government:
Alert level 2: summary - Summary of what you must do and what is open at medium risk alert level 2.
The Wales Covid Passport
In Wales, the new requirements will mean people over the age of 18 will need to show their COVID19 status to attend the following venues or events:
- nightclubs and similar venues
- indoor venues with more than 500 people in the audience where some or all of the audience are not normally seated
- any outdoor or indoor venues with over 4,000 in the audience, where some or all of the audience are not normally seated
- any event, which has more than 10,000 people in attendance
Further information on the covid pass -
Good to Go
Many businesses accross the Vale have been working hard to welcome you back safely. Look out for the 'Good to Go' accreditation that businesses have achieved to demonstrate that they have reached the standard required to make sure their premises are safe.
EVENTS IN THE VALE
We are seeing the gradual return of Events to the Vale. See our Event pages for news of events as and when they have been given approval to be held.
The Welsh Government has issued guidance for outdoor organised gatherings and events. From Monday 7 June, outdoor organised events such as concerts, festivals and sporting events were able to resume - with a capacities of 4,000 standing and 10,000 seated.
The health and safety of the audience, staff and performers is always our top priority, so if you are thinking of organising an event in the Vale of Glamorgan this year, please contact our Events Officer before putting any plans in place.
Events Officer email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diolch - Thank you
Visit the Vale would like to thank both residents of the Vale and visitors alike for their continued support.
For further details on Visiting Wales at this time, please see https://www.visitwales.com/coronavirus
Please check the latest Welsh Government guidance here: https://gov.wales/coronavirus.